Photo Credit: TechRadar
In regards to the highly anticipated iPhone 5, Apple customers have been a demanding much indeed. Here is the laundry list of features that users want in the next iPhone 5. (Are you listening, Apple?)
- A bigger display: With large and in charge phones like the Samsung Note and even the Samsung Galaxy S3,
it’s no surprise that users are calling for a larger screen on the updated iPhone.
- Improved Siri: Once again, no surprise. Considering the current Siri is basically only known for being a hardcore fail, we’re anxious to see what’s in store for our least favorite virtual assistant.
- Lighter design: Many users would like to see a more lightweight version of the iPhone. With all the rumored added specs, it’ll be interesting to see if this is possible.
- Improved WiFi: A popular complaint with the current iPhones is its poor WiFi connectivity.
- 12 mega pixel camera: All the better to take pictures of our important meals for Instagram, of course.
- GPS with spoken turn-by-turn directions: This is one of the missing components of the iPhone’s current maps feature. It’s expected to come with the iO6 update.
- Improved battery life: Here’s to hoping that Apple improves on the terrible battery life of the iPhone 4S.
- Different colors: With new smartphones like the Nokia Lumia series sporting a rainbow assortment of hues, some users want options when it comes to the iPhone 5. For now, iPhone users can accessorize with one of Wireless Emporium’s extensive collection of fabulous cases!
- SD card slot: Many of the current smartphones on the market include slots for SD cards, so it’d be interesting to see if Apple offers this option as well (highly unlikely though).
- Pattern unlock system: Apple has a rather antiquated unlock system. With many users preferring the pattern unlock system, let’s hope Apple jumps on this bandwagon as well.
- Wireless charging: Say bye-bye to pesky wires with wireless charging capabilities. We doubt this will be an option, considering all the hoopla on the new dock pin connector.
- NFC capabilities: Rumor has it that there will be room near the front camera for a NFC chip and with renderings of the new iPhone 5 including a Passbook feature, we suspect that cashless payments will be in the iPhone 5′s future.
- Fingerprint reading: How cool and James Bond-like would it be if the iPhone 5 could read fingerprints?! Imagine the usefulness for security-based apps with airlines or banks.
What features are you looking for?